Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, September 9, 2022
As a Business Development Representative at Ketch, you'll become an integral part of our mission to help businesses uphold the data dignity of their users. Ketch is bringing cutting edge technology to the data privacy and security space. Our product delivers technology, not process, to help businesses deliver value to consumers while leveraging their data without violating privacy and trust requirements. In this role, you’ll be responsible for customer acquisition. If you have a stellar track record capitalizing on winning new business, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and love working in a fast-paced and evolving environment, then Ketch is the place for you. Nearly 90% of businesses today are unable to meet the requirements of data privacy laws because of data processing and technological challenges. If you want to be part of a team that helps businesses meet the privacy standards their customers deserve, then read on!
- Strong organizational skills, with strengths in being detail and process-oriented.
- Proficiency with standard corporate productivity tools (Microsoft Office Suite, CRM, email, phone skills).
- Ability to speak with General Counsels, CISO, and data privacy leaders from Midmarket to enterprise level accounts.
- Genuine customer empathy.
- Organized and possess strong time management skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Self-motivated with ability to work in fast paced, changing environment.
- A thirst for knowledge and growth in a start-up environment.
- A sense of urgency and persistence.
- Flexibility - we're a small company that moves and reacts fast.
- Experience with cold calling, prospecting, and organized follow-up processes.
- Experience managing a full pipeline in Salesforce or other CRM.
- Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player.
- Commit to understanding/owning their territory and becoming a trusted member of the BDR Org while collaborating with their Account Executives and extended sales team
- Work closely with the sales team in the ongoing optimization of strategic sales approaches.
- Provide insights to, and collaborate with, marketing to ensure conversion rates are world-class across the funnel.
- Become an expert at using lead generation tools and LinkedIn Sales Navigator to routinely extract contacts and create accurate and targeted lists of prospects.
- Be proficient at using a sales development platform to execute the outreach process consisting of phone, email, and social touches.
- Conduct account development best practices with email, phone, and social touches using SalesLoft, Hubspot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Zoominfo.
- Extensive use of Hubspot and other tools to build and maintain accurate activity, contact, and account information of all customers and prospects.
- Qualify prospects based on their current business challenges and needs using targeted and relevant questions.
- Utilize smart, targeted questions to speak knowledgeably with decisions makers such as General Counsels, CISO and leaders in data privacy.
- Schedule software demos for our inside sales team via Zoom.
- Meet or exceed qualified lead/demos quota every month.
- Strive to continuously improve your sales development process and demonstrate a willingness to learn and implement best practices.
- Be open to feedback.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1-2 years in outbound-focused sales or other customer-oriented background (support, customer service).
- Strong communication/presentation skills.
Nice to have
- Degree in Business, Marketing or related field is a plus, but not required.
- Prior SDR/BDR sales, cold calling, lead generation experience is a plus but not required.
- Prior experience at high-growth, SaaS company.
- CRM experience is a plus
- Flex Time Off.
- Rewarding commission structure.
- Remote work (with option to go into San Francisco offices).
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment with us are considered equally and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or any 3rd parties. All submissions will be considered a gift and no fee will be due.